Who Else Wants Whiter Teeth and the Benefits it Brings ?
Let’s face it. Whiter teeth are so much better to look at than, let’s say, yellowish teeth or maybe stained teeth.
After all, having whiter teeth is not just for aesthetics. It brings so many benefits more than just looking good. And this is why a lot of teeth whitening products have sprouted in the market, including teeth whitening strips.
These products swear to whiten teeth in the shortest time possible or in the most natural way. And however they plan on giving people the milky whites they want, they are still selling like hotcakes.
But what can people really gain from having whiter teeth aside from looking more attractive?
A study revealed that 80% of Americans from age 18-49 want to have whiter teeth. And most of them want it not because it looks good. People actually want whiter teeth because of the positive mental effects it gives them.
These include the following:
- It increases self-esteem, allowing people to smile bigger and more confidently with their beautiful, white teeth.
- It leaves a good impression on others. Smiling with bright, white teeth brings out a positive reaction from others. People are more likely to smile back and, thus, make them feel better about themselves.
- It makes people look younger. After all, yellowish teeth are more often associated with old age, since teeth naturally turn yellow with time. Whiter teeth appear more fresh and youthful.
- It is a part of the formula for success. This does not just mean success in work but also in love. After all, a study showed that a beautiful white smile directly affects professional and social relationships positively.
- It uplifts the mood. Whiter teeth make people happy and help reduce stress. Therefore, people smile more often when their teeth are bright and white. More than this, the happiness that glistening teeth bring releases endorphins, which are the body’s happy hormones.
Having white teeth is a sign of good health, although not all the time. But white teeth usually means there are no bacteria and other harmful germs that can cause plaques and cavities.
Moreover, good oral health prevents other diseases that include:
- Heart disease and stroke caused by periodontal where bacteria penetrate the gums and enter the bloodstream. This causes infection and inflammation of the arteries, as well as the heart.
- Complications of pregnancy and delivery. Germs from the oral cavity can also enter the bloodstream and go to the placenta. When this happens, conditions such as preeclampsia, premature delivery, and even pregnancy loss can happen.
- Smokers, who usually have yellowish teeth, are more prone to cancer of the blood, kidney and pancreas.
It also helps maintain a healthy lifestyle. When people see how beautiful their teeth are, they are bound to stick to their current way of life and keep their teeth looking white and bright.
A Lifetime of Happiness
The psychological and positive health effects of having whiter teeth contribute to lifelong happiness. With self-confidence and the success of interpersonal relationships, there’s no surprise how a lifetime of happiness can be achieved.
Indeed, many people are more drawn to whiter teeth. And whether it’s teeth whitening strips, toothpaste, or professional teeth whitening services that people opt for, there is no doubt how much people want to get the best results.
And when they do, the benefits are endless. From having more confidence and generally feeling better to preventing diseases and more, one can never have too many positive effects of whiter teeth.